Skip to main content

MaharaTech: Network Course Summary

I knew it's a long time since my last post. In this post I will try to summarize most of the concepts of MaharaTech Network Course



The Course Works for beginners and It lasts for 1 hour. If you are a beginner I tell you to plan for this course well. You should schedule 2 hours a day for 5/8 days to get the ultimate benefits of it. 

There are 3 main Chapters and I will summarize them so you may return to this post in case you wanted to revise. 


  • 1. Introduction to Computer Networks
    a. Physical layer converts data from 01's to the electrical or optical or electromagnetic image. 
    b. Datalink layer consists of logical link control to convert, reliable, and flow the data from buckets to frames and preserve the data, resend missing messages. The other is MAC which adds the sender and receiver's physical addresses. 
    c. Network layer takes segments and converts them to packets. add the header and logical address for example IP address. 
    d. Transport layer is responsible for segmentation of data and Re-assembly. Sequencing of data segments. Connection-oriented to make sure the receiver and sender are connected. Real-time for data with Connectionless-oriented.  
    e. Session layer establishes and terminates the communication session and makes sure of the connection validation. 
    f. Presentation layer forms a unified Image of data, Encryption, and decompression. 
    I. Application layer interacts with the user. End-to-End Connections.

    The Difference between UDP and TCP in the Transport layer. 
    In addition to some recorded labs. Enjoy it. 

        It first talks about what Network is and the main role it plays in communication. Then, They attached an infographic. I recommend looking at before going through the chapter. 

    Computer Network categories: 

        a. Transmission mode: Simplex, Full-duplex, and Half-duplex

        b. Geographical mode: LAN and WAN (ISP)

        c. Administration Type: Peer-to-Peer, Client-Server. 

        CN Devices: The difference between CN, Switch, and Router.

    2. ISO/OSI Model

    In this chapter, you will learn how the text, image, or data to electrical signals (ISO Image) and the beginning of Open System Interconnect.  Now, the ISO/OSI Model consists of 7 layers

    3.  TCP/IP Protocol

    It is just the same as the previous model, but with some editions. You can read more about it in this link. Most of that consists of protocols. Example: HTTP, FTP, SMTP, Post-office, DNS, and DHCP. Better search about each word. 











    Comments

    Post a Comment

    Popular posts from this blog

    Miserable

     This one word could describe my life right now. I am writing this because of the last book I read talking about how to re-organize your life. 32 days ago, my dad has gone. In the beginning, I couldn't cry. Now, I can't stop crying about everything. Everything reminds me of him. His favorite stuff became my nightmare. I dream of him every day, too. One week from his death, I took my exams. I didn't remember how I did in them. I knew they were not how I supposed to do, but I am not aware of how I did. I wish I could have cried when he passed. I wanted to cry a lot but I didn't have the ability to face myself with the fact of his death.  He died between my shoulders. I just saw his color turned to yellow like how my grandpa seemed before death. I heard my brother told him some prayers that a person says before death and I just shouted at him to stop. I spent time squeezing his feet to make him shocked. I even talked to him, I said don't go, don't leave me, not now

    How to upload your work on Github (Easy and Fast)

    I had a problem with uploading any of my work on Github. Amr El-Naggar, A friend of mine, helped me to upload it fast.  Here we go! Consider this is the file I want to take some project from to upload on my Github:  Click on the bar to write sth new:  Write "cmd" to pop up your command shell Open your Github Profile > Repositories > New > write the name > Create Copy the URL  Back to your Command shell and write:  (only the first time)  git init git add . git commit -m "Any message to say what you have done in this commit" (only the first time)  git remote add origin xxxxxxxxx (replace xxx with the link of the repo, ex: https://github.com/MennaEwas/Numerical-Labs)  git push -u origin master if you edited any files: git add . git commit -m "Any message to say what you have done in this commit" git push -u origin master You can easily copy and paste the lines You have to see Done!  Check the uploaded Files:  Note: If you want to upload just one p